Sometimes a meal that you quickly throw together can become one of the tastiest! That is exactly how my Easy Chicken Pesto Dish was created. I took what I had in my fridge at the time and viola!
This has become a staple go-to-dish in my house, it uses simple ingredients and takes little time to prepare.
No more boring chicken breast… this recipe will be sure to impress any dinner guest 😉
- 4 large organic chicken breasts
Go to Spinach Pesto
Makes 1 cup of pesto
- 2 cups spinach (or as much as you can pack into a small food processor!)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (in not nut free, use pine nuts)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (high quality)
- juice from ½ of a lemon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- black pepper
Optional: 1 handful fresh basil or ½ tsp. dried basil
- Pack all ingredients into a small food processor and blend until smooth.
Easy Chicken Pesto Method
- Set oven to 350 F
- Rinse and pat day chicken breasts and place in baking dish
- Prepare pesto (as mentioned above)
- With a spoon- spread the pesto to cover chicken breasts
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise and toss in the baking dish around the pesto chicken
- Bake for 30-35 min until chicken is cooked through