These muffins are a result of having too many apples in my fridge!
I’m not a huge fan of overly sweet treats, so these muffins have a perfect slight sweetness.
These make for a great snack while enjoying a caffeine free Dandy Blend latte 🙂
2.5 cups Paleo flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder (aluminum free)
1 tsp. baking soda (aluminum free)
1 tsp. apple pie spice blend (Primal Palate) OR 1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup coconut milk OR almond milk (unsweetened)
¼ cup coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup maple syrup
Fold in ingredients:
3-4 small apples cut into small pieces
½ cup crushed walnuts and pecans
- Turn oven on to 350F
- Prepare muffin pan with parchment muffin cups
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients and ix together to blend
- Create a small hole in the middle of the dry mix and add in all wet ingredients
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in that hole you created first (to break the yolks of eggs) then continue to mix all ingredients together – both dry and wet.
- Once mixed smooth, fold in the chopped apple pieces and walnuts/pecans.
- Fill muffin cups with mixture
- Sprinkle just a little bit coconut sugar and cinnamon on the tops of the muffins
- Bake for 25min
- Once done remove them from the muffin pan and let cool