These sweet orange jewels are not your average potato. They are rich in vitamins and minerals that contribute to good health.
- Supports blood sugar balance– yes that’s right even though sweet potatoes are sweet! They are actually an anti-diabetic food and have been shown to help stabilize blood sugar level and lower insulin resistance.
- Antioxidant protection– vitamin A- good for eyesight and for lung health as Vit. A is needed to support function of the tissues that line the lungs, vitamin C which help against free radicals and their damage to cells.
- Fiber– Sweet potatoes are 2X as high in dietary fiber than regular white potatoes. Fiber is necessary for the removal of toxins and waste out of the body, and feeds the good bacteria in our gut!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon high quality olive oil
- sea salt or Himalayan pinks salt
- optional- cayenne (if you like it spicey!)
- Serves 2-3
- Set the oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes into strips like fries.
- If organic, keep the potato skins ON.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cut fries onto the pan and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and just a dash of cinnamon.
- With your hands, mix the seasoned potatoes on the pan so that the spices and oil spread onto all potatoes (this can be done in a bowl before placing on the pan as well).
- Try to line up the fries on the pan so they are not overlapped.
- Place into the oven and wait for about 35 minutes. Cook for about 15-17 min on both sides (15-17 min FLIP then 15-18min again)
- Keep an eye on them so they do not burn. If you find they are not crispy enough allow them to cook for a little while longer.
- When they look about right- to your crispiness satisfaction remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and eat!