Healthy pancakes? Yes please!
This recipes makes about 6 small pancakes.
¼ cup coconut flour
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla bean powder OR vanilla extract (mix in with wet ingredients)
Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
2 organic eggs
½ cup milk of your choice (Unsweetened Silk Coconut milk is my first choice)
Optional: ½ tsp. coconut nectar or honey or maple syrup
- In a small-medium sized bowl whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and optional sweetener.
- In a separate bowl mix the coconut flour + baking soda + sea salt.
- Mix the wet and the dry ingredients into either bowl, until smooth.
- Heat the pan on medium.
- Grease the pan with ½ tsp. coconut oil.
- Drop about a ¼ cup of mixture on the pan to make each pancake.
- Cook until top begins to bubble slightly (be patient!) then carefully flip the pancakes, cook on other side until a little golden.
- Remove from pan, plate, and top with your choice of fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, nut butter, whipped coconut cream, unsweetened shredded coconut etc. with a drizzle of quality honey or maple syrup.