This smoothie is packed with nutrients like healthy fats, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Each ingredient gives something special.
• Dates: Potassium (Helps to maintain balance in water, pH, and cell membrane function of the body.)
• Banana: Vitamin B6 (Production of neurotransmitters, important for energy utilization, important for protein metabolism, natural diuretic, and supports electrical functioning of heart, muscles and nerves.)
• Brazil Nuts: Selenium (A powerful antioxidant and helps recycle antioxidant effect of vitamin E, and good for immunity as it stimulates antibody production.)
• Almonds/ almond butter: Vitamin E (A powerful antioxidant that helps reduce blood clotting, supports cellular respiration, reproductive support, and wound healing.)
• Cinnamon: A sweet and comforting spice that helps to balance blood sugar levels.
• Chia seeds: Fiber (Supports bowel regularity, helps maintain normal blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels.)
2 cups milk (Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk)
2 medjool dates (must be soft)
½ or 1 frozen banana
5 raw Brazil nuts + 10 raw almonds
2 tsp. almond butter
2 tsp. vanilla bean powder (highly recommended- but vanilla extract ok also)
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. chia seeds or flax seeds
For more of a meal add 1 serving of your favourite protein powder. My recommendations are Sun Warrior Vanilla protein or 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and ENJOY!
Optional: Top with your choice of unsweetened shredded coconut, raspberries, granola etc.
For the love of me provides education, guidance and inspiration on developing and maintaining optimal wellbeing.
Learn more with motivating Holistic Nutritionist Cassandra @ fortheloveofme.ca
YOU ARE WORTH IT. WE ARE WORTH IT